Fill out the form below to tell us about your vehicle and its features.
2. Stop By Our Dealership
3. Leave with Your Cash
Selling Your Vehicle
Selling your car privately can sound appealing because it's possible to get closer to a retail price. What people often don't think about is the time, effort and work it takes to do it properly while insuring there are no problems to deal with after the initial transaction. An alternative that insures there are no complications or headaches down the road is to sell your used car to a reputable car-buying company.
What Does it Take to Sell your Car on your Own?
Selling your car on your own will involve preparing records/documents to show a buyer in order to get top value and to insure the sale is legal and binding. Here are examples of those items:
Bill of Sale – required for a legal transaction in the state of Colorado
Vehicle Title – If you own the vehicle outright, then you have this. However, If you are still making payments you will need to contact your lien holder or bank to find out the payoff amount and the procedure to have the title transferred to the your buyer. If you lease your vehicle you would need to contact the lease holder and follow their procedures. Might seem simple but have you ever needed to call a bank or credit card company to have something simple done?
Vehicle History Report – Because most every dealership provides vehicle history reports to prospective buyers, you will in all likelihood but asked for one when selling yours
Maintenance Records – Buyers want to know a vehicle has been cared for and would rely more heavily on your records than say a dealership.
As Is Documentation – this insures the sale is final and there are no implied warranties. This however won’t stop someone from contacting you weeks later with an issue but it will put you in a better position to deal with it legally.
After you have all your records ready and it’s time to show your vehicle, you will need to create an effective advertisement to attract buyers. Once you are contacted by “buyers”, you'll need to determine if they are qualified or worse, scammers, so you don’t waste your time. Then you'll need to meet with each person to show them the vehicle which can be time consuming and frustrating if they don’t show up!
Lastly, when you do make the sale, you'll need to make sure you get legitimate payment!
Is it Worth it to Sell your Own Vehicle?
That is the real question. It can be, but there are many variables like your ability to produce good documentation for a buyer, your skill in placing effective ads to attract buyers and your availability to vet out and meet with qualified buyers until the right one is found. And if you are currently making payments on the vehicle, you will need to keep those up until the sale is complete, so the longer it takes, the more money you have invested.
At Hyundai of Greeley, we want to buy your vehicle simply because we want the inventory! We are willing to pay you a fair price and do all the necessary paperwork which is easier for our trained professionals who will get it done quickly and correctly allowing you to sell it without any hassles during or after the sale.
Why Sell your Car to Hyundai of Greeley?
1. No need to spend money on detailing or fixing about minor imperfections
2. You’ll get a written offer that’s valid for seven days
3. You can leave Hyundai of Greeley with payment in hand
4. We’ll buy it outright whether you buy a vehicle from us or not
5. We do all the work with your bank or leasing company if needed, title transfer and any necessary documentation
6. The sale is final so after we give you payment, it’s done!
Where do you Start to get a Free Appraisal from us?
Easy, just Choose one Step listed below:
1. Fill out our online appraisal form that will generate a basic appraisal. After receiving your information, we’ll contact you to set up an appointment to see your vehicle, at that time we’ll give you a valid 7-day offer. If you like it, we’ll cut you a check for immediate deposit that day. If you want to think about it, or check other sources, you'll have seven days to do so. Either way, you get something of value. 2. Call us at 970.939.5210 and ask for Wesley Taber Jr to set up an appointment to have your vehicle appraised for cash value.
What Items do you Need to Bring?
1. Clear title or the financial institution information which hold the title
2. A valid, current registration
3. A valid, state-issued photo ID
4. All of your car’s keys, key fobs, and remote entry fobs
If you’re interested in finding out what we’ll buy your vehicle for, click here.